About a month ago I decided to participate in this challenge and started weaving the first block for which instructions were included.
As I had already decided to make a small wall hanging with 3 different 6" blocks, I surfed the Internet and found instructions for the 3d tumbling block as well. This block did not go so smoothly as I just could not get my head around where to weave the 3d color through. After my husband suggested I draw the block, I finally realized what I had been doing wrong the whole time and was finally successful on attempt number 4!
A little more surfing produce this log cabin look alike block.
And this is how the completed quilt looks with buttons in red, white and blue added.
The quilt was selected as the winner for the challenge. The prize included fabric, a pincushion, chocolate and instruction booklet by Mari to weave additional blocks.
The chocolate did not make the photo however....